The Supervisor, Transportation will be responsible for supervising the Logistics and Transportation team’s daily duties and tasks, managing all the Logistics and Transportation Department’s databases, as well as coordinating, facilitating and overseeing activities associated with Domestic and International transportation of goods. This position will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all shipments are timely and accurately executed, audited and completed thoroughly.
• Supervise, delegate, and oversee the Transportation team.
• Respond and provide support to the Transportation team
• Assist in the investigation of missing shipments
• Prepare and submit delayed, damage and loss reports
• Ensure shipments are picked up and delivered as per schedules
• Train Team in newly implemented processes and procedures
• Co-ordinate, assign and review work to the Team
• Plan, organize and oversee operational Transportation of the organization
• Monitor carrier performance and ensure exceptions are documented and communicated to appropriate team members.
• Support Director with reporting requirements and with special projects as required
• Participate in meetings to communicate information and serve as a liaison with other departments and managers
• Maintain Data records and reports
• Maintain or create SOP’s
• Create files and maintain data entry in all databases
• Liaising with the warehouse team to obtain information for requested loads and updates
• Actively participate in continuous improvement and problem-solving initiatives
• Adhere to and comply with all applicable company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned for which he/she has received training, possess qualifications and/or is considered competent
• 3 – 4 years of Logistics and Transportation experience (LTL, LCL, FCL, Air Freight, courier (local and International))
• Experience in Load Planning
• Experience supervising a team
• Customs Compliance experience (apparel preferred)
"*" indicates required fields