Senior System & Citrix NetScaler Administrator
Flexibility to work full-time shifts, including weekends and evenings is required. We are seeking reliable, adaptable individuals with a proven record of exceptional problem-solving.
• Provides advanced level of support for troubleshooting user access, system availability, and performance issues with core infrastructure systems including Virtual Apps and Virtual Desktops, Cloud Services and Citrix NetScaler.
• Advanced experience in supporting on-prem Active Directory and Hybrid Azure AD.
• Identifies, reviews and revises server administration processes/procedures to ensure optimal levels of performance and support.
• Researches, analyzes, and recommends changes for future system growth by utilizing industry standard monitoring/research tools.
• Recommends security management practices, including the ongoing promotion of awareness on current threats, auditing of server logs and other security management processes, as well as following established security standards.
• Provide and maintain Windows Active Directory infrastructure in large enterprise environment.
• Administer and manage Azure / M365 base applications.
• Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and standards diagrams.
• Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting.
• Take ownership of all assigned tasks and drive to resolution, researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
• Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other team members, as assigned, and to develop internal certification criteria and curriculum.
• Enforce and follow policies, procedures, and best practices.
• After hours and on-call support
Desired / Required skills and Qualifications / Experience
• A Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience 5-7+
• Solid experience in managing Citrix NetScaler in HA configuration with GSLB across multiple datacenters.
• A superior knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AD connect, InTune, ATP (SCEP), Cloud Computing, Microsoft 365 and MFA.
• Experience with Microsoft System Center SCCM & SCOM monitoring.
• A superior understanding of Windows Operating Systems including Active Directory Services GPO, DNS, DHCP, clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft Infrastructure services/futures and to be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
• Strong knowledge in PowerShell and scripting,
• Experience with VMWare virtualization managing 1000+ virtual servers and Citrix VDI.
• An understanding and experience setting up Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions.
Preferred skills and qualifications
• 5-7+ years’ experience managing Windows server and Active Directory
• 4-5+ years’ experience managing Citrix NetScaler
• 3-4+ years’ experience managing Microsoft System Center (SCCM & SCOM)
• 2-3+ years’ experience managing VMware virtualization 6.x & 7.x
• Experience with HPE Synergy, SimpliVity, Cisco UCS server and enclosure hardware platform
• Excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
• A strong understanding of backup and recovery processes and applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
• Superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
• A willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast paste-changing environment.
• Be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• A strong understanding of ITIL practices.
• Project management experience and skills is an asset.
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.