• Partner with Engineering in early product development:
o Collaborate with engineering in early product development stages to understand technical requirements.
o Develop business cases and sourcing recommendations considering multi-dimensional and complex tradeoffs such as:
o Optimization of total landed cost of ownership.
o Local regulatory requirements vs. global platform synergies.
o Best Cost Country vs. local-for-local production scenarios.
o Multi-source vs. single source supplier strategies.
o In-house vs. external supplier supplied components.
o Cost reduction improvement initiatives.
• Implement sourcing strategies with supplier partners for new product projects, series products, technical changes, premise changes and cost optimization initiatives.
• Work with global suppliers while having a local manufacturing footprint
• Implement logistics strategies. Ideas for warehouse consolidations. Owning our containers, buy a truck for local transit.
• Work with head office on SCM committee
• Develop and implement tools to monitor supplier chain and logistics performance
• Participate in developing a supplier portal
• Assist suppliers to plan the most robust process flow to meet high quality and throughput requirements and support onboarding process.
• Monitor and audit supplier quality management systems (Iso, IATF), validate reported capacity.
• Create contractual framework and implement contracts with supplier partners;
o Negotiate contracts including pricing, pricing adjustments, Terms and Conditions, Long Term Agreement, Supplier Quality Agreement, Warranty Agreement, Aftermarket Agreement with supplier partners.
o Interpret contractual obligations and remedies to manage supplier disputes to resolution.
o Maintain legal and regulatory compliance.
• Negotiate special vendor recovery topics such as field failures, project delays, technical specification non-compliance, and constraint costs.
• Collaborate with and support cross-functional business partners on a broad range of supplier related topics;
o Project deliverables, Volume and capacity planning, Manufacturing efficiencies, Cash flow optimization, Import customs and duties compliance, Logistic route optimization, and Warehousing, Adherence to the agreed contractual obligations.
• Risk assessment and mitigation activities;
o Perform bottom up planning for commodity and supplier-related material costs including raw material, foreign exchange rate, and other inflationary costs such as energy and labor.
o Negotiate, and implement risk mitigation initiatives with supplier partners.
• Keep abreast of the best practices in the industry, identify opportunities for continuous improvement across procurement practices and makes recommendation
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other relevant field with at least 4+ years of relevant experience.
• Ability to utilize analytical tools for supplier evaluation and selection.
• Problem solver with a solution-focused mindset.
• Lean Six Sigma certification (asset).
• Change management experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (strong Excel skills) and with ERP-MRP systems.
• Analytic skills and strong financial acumen; understands client’s strategy and priorities.
• Experience in analyzing economic and market issues that affect material costs.
• Technical understanding of manufacturing processes: CNC precision machining, aluminum forging, assembly, and rubber injection molding.
• Experience creating and negotiating contractual framework and supporting legal case preparation and argumentation.
• Prior purchasing experience.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally over weekends.
• Knowledge of 6sigma or 8D problem solving methodology.
• Fluent in French, English (Spanish, German an asset)
"*" indicates required fields