Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall management of production scheduling, purchasing of raw materials, logistics, and warehousing.
• Chair regular meetings with the Management Team to review capacity and labour plans to meet customer requirements.
• Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process.
• Take ownership of MP&L policies and procedures. Develop procedures and instructions to meet IATF and MMOG standards.
• Manage customer scorecards to ensure compliance and world class on-time delivery performance.
• Oversee and manage logistics and review ways to reduce freight costs to meet targets.
• Set goals for direct reports and monitor ongoing progress and performance. Implement strong development plans to grow the talent of the MP&L department.
• Foster and lead the continuous improvement or lean manufacturing concepts, using the appropriate techniques (Kanban, Continuous Flow, Heijunka, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, etc.) to reduce inventory costs, improve cash flow, reduce obsolescence, and reduce operating costs and improve safety and quality.
• Plan and execute scheduled physical inventories. Complete training and direct all count and post count activities. Complete post count analysis and tracks count accuracy.
• Direct the plant’s cycle count program including reviewing the results of the counts, initiates recounts or research and direct count booking. Chair the analysis of the count result with a cross-functional team to identify and correct causes for inventory variances.
• Set inventory targets that meet corporate objectives while maintaining targeted service levels. Maintain the accuracy of the PFEP (Plan for Every Part) and use it to drive inventory reduction.
• Create visual controls for WIP and FG in the Warehouse and on the Production floor
• Provide support to engineering for changes and product launches.
• Liaison with customer’s materials department, answering queries on time, achieve 100% delivery performance by coordinating with production department internally
• Support all Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Corporate & Plant level policies and procedures.
• 3 direct reports – Materials Supervisor and 2 materials co-ordinators.
Education and Qualifications Required:
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in MP&L, automotive manufacturing environment preferred
• APICS certification in C.P.I.M, parts 1 and 2.
• Education minimum of an Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• Track record of effectively resolving customer related issues, improving processes and reducing inventory
• Experience implementing level loaded production plans, pull systems and Kanban
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Applications and SAP
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently
• Courteous, clear, and professional manner in dealing with the Company’s customer base.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills – written and oral
• Strong team building and people skills including the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
• Must possess strong analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities
• Knowledge of MRP system operation and management including computer literacy applied to scheduling and data management
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of Lean including but not limited to value stream mapping, kanban, kaizen leadership, continuous flow, and 5S.
• Demonstrated ability to drive work and achieve results.
"*" indicates required fields