Engineering Work Package Manager
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for leading project technical teams to develop and efficiently deliver effective technical solutions on large electricity utility projects. The solutions shall incorporate value engineering, safety by design, constructability, and hazard identification components.
• Develop budget and schedule targets in conjunction with the client, the engineering team, and the proposal team.
• Ensure that the schedule stays on track, inform the client of any risks and potential delays. Monitor progress of the engineering packages and provide accurate monthly forecasts to share internally and with the client.
• Work with the client and engineering team to deliver the agreed technical scope, on time and within budget.
• Close liaison with client and other utility representatives – ensuring client endorsement of the proposed solutions.
• Review and seal key engineering delivery documents.
• Ensure all technical outputs conform to the project scope, are safe, fit for purpose and are of an appropriate quality that has been confirmed by an independent review and the client.
• Provide guidance and support to the project design delivery teams.
Hybrid – and on
• Experienced electrical engineering professional (PEng) registered within BC (or has immediate eligibility for registration) with a sound technical understanding of the relevant field is required.
• Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a Project Engineer or Project Discipline Lead within an EPCM or Project based environment is required.
• Experience with a major electrical utility is considered an asset.
• Demonstrable experience of the detailed design delivery model is required (this includes all phases of the project; Needs, Feasibility, Definition, Detailed Design, Construction and Close Out).
• Experience in leading multidisciplined teams delivering projects within the electricity utility sector is considered an asset.
• Experience working in a management capacity is required along with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
"*" indicates required fields