– Responsible for managing, designing, coordinating, executing infrastructure projects from the planning and conceptual stages through to contract document production, tendering and total construction completion.
– Attend / lead project and client meetings. Perform site reviews as necessary.
– Manage technical staff, assign work, monitor project schedules and review work of technical staff.
– Prepare proposals and participate in business development and administration activities.
Required Education & Experience
Professional degree in civil engineering from an accredited Canadian university and licensed membership
with a provincial engineering association.
Minimum 10 years practicing in an engineering firm including a minimum of 5 years practice in Canada since licensure.
– Strong leadership skills with an ability to develop cohesive working relationships within a multidisciplinary team.
– Demonstrated knowledge of civil infrastructure, design, constructability, detailing, materials, and industry associated standards.
– Expertise in municipal engineering including linear infrastructure, water treatment, wastewater treatment, stormwater management and roadways.
– Time management and organizational skills, self-motivated, and ability to manage project teams while balancing multiple priorities/tasks.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to write technical design reports, proposals and technical specifications
– Skills in AutoCAD and Civil 3D an asset.
– Well versed in provincial and federal regulatory requirements and standards.