• Understanding and defining customer requirements (delivery, product prices, etc.)
• Communicate with customers to ensure that all relevant information is on hand to develop adapted and optimized solutions.
• Be involved in preliminary design with conceptual ideas and design principles.
• Create solution/Sales Layouts based on the generated Ideas (using AutoCAD
• Develop budgets and Sales Proposals based on templates and prior experience.
• Travel when necessary to visit prospects and clients throughout Canada and internationally to validate technical challenges, site assessment and gather other necessary information.
Administrative Support Duties:
• Following-up, maintaining, and updating sales quotation logs
• Keeping customers informed of the status of orders, inquiries, shipments, problems, etc.
• Promoting and expanding product lines by helping define developing trends.
• Identifying leads / opportunities
• Attending International Trade Shows for exhibition as well as analyzing market trends
• On receipt of orders issue order confirmation and register new jobs in the company’s job log
• Liaise between engineering and customers.
• Assist in developing of sales tools such as web site, brochures, and videos.
• Partner with Regional sales managers to formalise and present the technical solutions to customers.
The qualified candidate would have Mechanical or Industrial Engineering background, with experience in capital equipment layouts in related fields, listed below in the order of preference:
• Bakery Equipment Manufacturing
• Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing
• Custom Conveyor Manufacturing
• Packaging Equipment Manufacturing
• Meat Processing Equipment Manufacturing
• Pharmaceutical Equipment Manufacturing
Candidate must be proficient with AutoCAD and one of the following parametric engineering design programs in order of preference:
• Autodesk Inventor
• Solid Works
• Solid Edge
The successful candidate must:
• Be familiar with Automation and Robotics
• Be fluent in English, both spoken and written. French speaking is a bonus but not mandatory for the position.
• Be thorough and attentive.
• Be able to effectively communicate with the Management, Customers and Design Team
• Work flexible hours
• Travel when necessary
• Deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events
• Work well in a group or independently
• Effectively communicate your thoughts
• Be reliable and accountable for the design of our solutions
• Hold a College or University degree or equivalent in either sales administration or engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical)
• Post-secondary education with mechanical aptitude
• 3-5 years of Application Engineering experience
• Experience with ERP systems such as SAP
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Service-oriented mindset and proven customer service skills and experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in a team setting and/or independently
• Fast learner, self-motivator, “can-do” attitude, and team player
• Excellent time management
• Valid driver’s license
"*" indicates required fields