We are currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our Project Delivery team delivering Transmission and Distribution projects across British Columbia. The work is diverse and includes but is not limited to the construction of new substations; work in existing substations, early site investigations and work on the transmission system up to and including 500kV. The role is mobile and will involve some travel to potentially remote areas of British Columbia as needed by the project. The initial posting will be in the Lower Mainland. This position will report to the Director of Project Delivery.
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Support the Project Manager with project planning deliverables such as Outage Staging, Construction Management, Constructability Reviews, Procurement documents and identification and mitigation of construction risks.
• Monitoring and tracking of construction progress. Prepare progress reports. Verify and recommend approval for progress payments.
• Tracking and reviewing any contemplated changes during construction. Work with the Project Manager to evaluate, negotiate, quantify, and approve claims.
• Facilitate and run construction management meetings between Contractors, the Owner, Engineering, and other key stakeholders.
• Work with Engineering during construction to facilitate solutions to design issues and challenges.
• Coordinate design and construction interfaces with other subcontractors.
• If acting as Prime Contractor, ensure all the requirements of Prime Contractor are in place for the project. Act as Site Safety Coordinator as required. Develop a safe work culture at site. Be a safety ambassador and leader for all safety matters.
The ideal candidate:
• 10+ years’ experience as a Construction Manager or Construction Officer, (as a Contractor or an Owner’s Representative) on medium to large scale substation or transmission line projects, with expert knowledge of materials means and methods involved in the construction of electrical substations and transmission lines.
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements, including contractor / client negotiations with advanced communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to maintain a professional and effective working relationship with the Project Owner, Project Manager, and key stakeholders.
• Advanced ability to engage team and drive performance.
• Expert knowledge in construction safety standards with ability to drive safety culture.
• Strong understanding of risk management.
• Possess a flexible approach with the ability to find solutions where options are limited, and time is critical.
• Ability to demonstrate a track record of successfully working within multidiscipline teams.
• Results oriented with an extremely high work ethic, stringent quality standards and a can-do attitude.
"*" indicates required fields